English Materials Download

【More English Material】 

Inspirational Stories 

Melbourne Lufei Teng

Practising Guan Yin Citta Changed My Life and My Family

My gratitude to Guan Yin Bodhisattva!

Gratitude to the Dharma Protectors!

Gratitude to Master Junhong Lu!

I am so thankful to Guan Yin Bodhisattva for allowing me to come across Guan Yin Citta in this life. I am thankful for all the teachings of Master Junhong Lu!

As far back as I can remember, I’ve always felt that my mother didn’t love me or care for me at all. She would become angry at me over little things, even physically hit me.

Therefore, every time my mother was angry, I felt very anxious and would even hate her. This combination of fear and hatred controlled me until I grew up and immigrated to Australia.

I also hated my father. Why was he always so  weak and powerless? Why was it that he could do nothing but gamble? Why? But once I started practising Guan Yin Citta I began to understand the law of cause and effect. I came to realise why I experienced so much hardship and suffering in my childhood. They were due to the bad karma I had accumulated from misdeeds committed in my past lives. I made many mistakes as a teenager: I skipped classes, made bad friends, drank, smoke, went to karaoke and stayed out all night, sometimes I even stole money from my parents just because I needed money to have fun.

My family always put up with me, but I did not feel sorry at all, even thought that they were the ones in the wrong, that they had no right to dictate to me. Now I understand how terribly misbehaved I was. Today I want to repent to Guan Yin Bodhisattva and Master Lu for all the bad things I’ve done in my adolescence.

It was end of 2010, I encountered Guan Yin Citta. It was a stroke of fate. I worked at a Chinese restaurant. My boss there was a Buddhist. She gave me two books: Heaven & Earth & Mankind and Totem World. She knows my mother is a Buddhist and vegetarian as well. She asked me if I was interested in taking the books home to read with my mother. I took the books home started reading them. I was soon deeply interested. Totem reading is remarkable and I think each Totem case is like a plot of a novel. I came to believe in the law of karma, and the existence of spirits .

Two months after she gave me these books, my boss asked me: “Would you like to go to Sydney and meet Master Jun Hong Lu?” At that time, my mom and I were worried about our visa status; my boss was also troubled over selling her restaurant and also personal relationship issues. So we all went to Sydney.

I still remember the first time I saw Master Jun Hong Lu in person, Master Jun Hong Lu was in his very tiny office. When it was our turn to talk to Master Jun Hong Lu, it was lunch time; Master Jun Hong Lu  ate his lunch while we consulted him.

That day I asked Master Jun Hong Lu if our visas were likely to be granted. Master Jun Hong Lu said: “Your father did not build good relationship with the immigration officers when he applied for the visas for you. He was rude and verbally abused the officers. This made them unhappy so they put your applications to one side without processing them. You and your mother need to recite Cundi Dharani and Mantra to Untie Karmic Knots.”

“Also you are very petty, you become upset if someone says something about you or does something to you. You are always thinking of ways to get around others as you think you are smart and others are fools. You better behave yourself. You were a bad man in your past life, you liked to play around with women and their feelings. You didn’t cultivate yourself. So in this lifetime, you need to watch yourself and be careful not to play around with men.” After we came back, my mom and I started reciting Cundi Dharani and Mantra to Unite Karmic Knots. After one month, we were granted with the visas. We are so thankful to Guan Yin Bodhisattva.

Until 2012, I finally understood why Master Jun Hong Lu told me “Do not play around with men.” I became an unmarried mother. I met my child’s father through the internet. I felt my family did not love me, so I wanted to find someone to love me. How foolish I was!

During the pregnancy, I had a dream. In my dream, my child’s father was really sick and passed away in the hospital. I believed it was a foretelling dream. After I woke up, I recited Jvala Mahaugra Dharani, and called him, asked him how he was feeling lately. He told me he was fine. However, a month later, he started having various issues.  He felt sudden pains in his body, had trouble sleeping, felt cold all the time, and kept feeling as if there was someone following him. He was afraid of sunlight in the day time and so on. Hearing these symptoms told me that there was a  spirit controlling him. I asked him to do recitations, but he found many excuse not to.

We drifted further and further apart from that time onwards. Once I called him and he asked me “Why did you keep the baby?” As soon as I heard that I hung up on him. I never thought he would say something like that. Right up to the baby’s due date, I was barely in contact with him. However, I didn’t feel too upset during my pregnancy because I kept up with my recitations. I understood that everything that happened was because I treated him badly in my previous life, which was why we met in this life and why I would do so many silly things for him such as travel great distances to be with him. Everything I went through was to pay back the karmic debt I owed to him. I am truly grateful to Guan Yin Bodhisattva for saving me, and allowing me to find Guan Yin Citta before I made even more mistakes in my life. I learned to understand the law of causes and effects. Karmic debts we owed in the past will come back to us for repayment in this life.

In July 2015, I went to Sydney and became a volunteer. Two amazing things happened while I volunteered. The first thing was that the skin problem on my hand never once occurred.  I was previously a kitchenhand where I spent each day washing and cutting vegetables and washing dishes. Due to the work, my hands became dirty and greasy all day long. After working at this job for a year, my hands developed a skin condition. Every time my hands were in the water too long or came into contact with grease too often, the skin on my palm would become covered in blisters, and become very itchy. If I scratched them, the blisters would break. As a volunteer in Sydney, I would also be helping out in the kitchen. So I knew I couldn’t avoid my hands frequently being in contact with water and oily substances. Since my skin condition had flared up not long before I was worried it would reappear.

I prayed to Guan Yin Bodhisattva to bless me so that the skin condition on my palm wouldn’t reappear while I was a volunteer. In those six days, my hands were in contact with water and greasy stuff all day long, but my hands were never itchy and my skin condition did not appear. I was so thankful to Guan Yin Bodhisattva’s merciful blessings.

The second amazing thing was that during my stay in Sydney, my 85 year-old great grandpa fell and hit his head on the ground at home in China. We all knew he could have died at any time after such a thing happened.

My great grandpa was sent to the Intensive Care Unit at the hospital. The doctor said that if my great grandpa could survive the next two days he would be fine. From the time of my great grandpa’s accident, my grandmother never stopped reciting the Great Compassion Mantra and burning Little Houses for him. She prayed to the Guan Yin Bodhisattva to bless my great grandpa so that he could recover.

I didn’t know what had happened until the following afternoon I immediately made a vow to Guan Yin Bodhisattva to recite twenty-one Little Houses for my great grandpa, and gave 80% of the merit from being a volunteer in Sydney to him. While I knelt down before Guan Yin Bodhisattva and recited the Great Compassion Mantra, I felt Guan Yin Bodhisattva was slightly smiling at me. I was confused. Why was the Bodhisattva smiling? Since my great grandpa was still in the ICU, how could I smile? At that day, around 7 pm, I heard from my aunt that my great grandpa had passed the critical stage. When I knelt down to thank Guan Yin Bodhisattva, I suddenly understood: The Bodhisattva had been smiling at me to say: “You silly child, your great grandpa has had the protection of Guan Yin Bodhisattva the entire time”.

Later on, my grandma told me that the doctor said that it must have been due to Guan Yin Bodhisattva’s blessing that great grandpa was able to safely make it through the critical period. Also, after my great grandpa woke up, he told my grandma: “It truly was Guan Yin Bodhisattva who saved me.”

I once saw the testimony of a fellow Buddhist on WeChat. There was one sentence that really stuck with me. She said: “Why was I born in this era? It was Guan Yin Bodhisattva’s mercy having me born at the right time so that I could encounter Guan Yin Citta and be enlightened.” Now I feel so grateful for the mercy of Guan Yin Bodhisattva, for letting me be born an age where I have the opportunity to follow Master Jun Hong Lu’s teaching of Guan Yin Citta. In the past, I was full of complaints and resentful about the unfairness in life, now I feel gratitude, no end of gratitude for being able to encounter Guan Yin Citta at the age of 20. I’m grateful to be able to listen to Master Jun Hong Lu’s teachings every Saturday. I’m grateful to Guan Yin Bodhisattva that I can recite sutras and mantras everyday!

If for any reason, anything I shared today is inappropriate, I ask Guan Yin Bodhisattva, Dharma Protectors and Master Jun Hong Lu to forgive me.

Thank you everyone!

文章推荐

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|慈爱心灵

GMT+8, 2024-9-17 23:34 , Processed in 0.079298 second(s), 19 queries .